Uncover Major Shifts in Futures Markets!
The CoT Report provides inside information about purchases and sales of futures contracts. The largest players in each market are required to disclose their positions to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) . The resulting CoT Report shows the net positions of traders, which are separated into three groups:
- Commercial Hedgers (“Dumb Money”)
- Small Traders (“Dumb Money”)
- Large Speculators (“Smart Money”)
It is common knowledge that Large Speculators (“Smart Money”) are holding a significant informational edge over other traders as far as fundamental supply and demand statistics are concerned. This is a fact that has also been confirmed by empirical literature (Investor Sentiment and Return Predictability in Agricultural Futures Markets”, Journal of Futures Markets, 2001). “Smart Money” is always trend-leading, whereas “Dumb Money” is trend-lagging.
By measuring the investment behavior of “Smart & Dumb Money” our CoT indicators will help our subscribers to identify major high reward market regimes and major shifts before typical price indicators do.
How to Use the Cot Index Index to Identifiy Establishing Trends in a Timely Manner
Track the positioning of Smart Money, measure extreme positions of Smart Money and identify establishing trends or major shifts in a timely manner.
Click on Image to Enlarge or Download as PDF
Are You Standing on the Right Side of the Trade?
Positive Market Regimes: CoT Index of Large Speculators above 70 percent.
Negative Market Regimes: CoT Index of Large Speculators below 30 percent.
Potential Regime Shifts: Extreme divergences between Large Speculators and the price of the underlying security.
The COT Dashboard: A Must-Have for Commodity Traders
Definitely the most exclusive feature within the CoT section of our member’s area is the Commitment of Traders Dashboard, as it shows the CoT Index value for Large Speculators and Commercial Hedgers and a propriety trend/momentum score ranging from 0 (weakest) to 100 percent (strongest) for the past 2 months for each relevant futures market on a single chart.
The aim of the COT Dashboard is to identify establishing high rewarding market regimes and potential shifts in a timely manner.
- Positive Market Regimes: CoT Index of Large Speculators above 70 percent.
- Negative Market Regimes: CoT Index of Large Speculators below 30 percent.
- Potential Regime Shifts: Extreme divergences between the CoT Index of Large Speculators momentum of the underlying security.
An Insider’s Take on What’s Really Going On!
A proven way to identify major shifts in financial markets is simply to watch closely what the so-called “Smart Money” is doing. We can help you unlock the secrets contained within the CoT Report for 45 futures markets.
We do not only provide the CoT Index for Large Speculators and Commercials but also the net position and the open interest for each group. On top of that, for our institutional clients, the CoT Positions can be downloaded for each futures market in spread sheet format (.csv) for further analysis.
Are You Standing on The Right Side of the Trade?
More information and related content:
- Actionable Market Regime Outlook: Evaluates the Sustainability of the Current Market Regime & Red-flags Shifts!
- Market Indicators: Measure Trend, Trend Quality and Market Sentiment to Identify Major Inflection Points
- The Big Picture Indicator: Know When To Buy The Dip & When To Trade Trends.
- WSC ETF Model Portfolios: Designed to Achieve Maximum Diversification Across all Market Regimes!
- The Smart Money Flow Index: The Official Source for Bloomberg Professional.